IOWA - Polk County Attorney Payment Plan
The Polk County Attorney’s Office began offering this payment plan in March of 2008. This plan is most often used to satisfy probation/parole requirements, help with vehicle registration holds and to avoid garnishments. The purpose of this plan is to maximize the potential for an individual to succeed at paying off their delinquent court debt.
If applying for the Driver’s License Reinstatement Payment Plan please use
Payment Plan Requirements
You may not qualify for a payment plan if you had a previous plan with the Polk County Attorney’s Office and that plan is delinquent or revoked.
- This payment plan will not affect the status of your driver’s license. The plan will not prevent suspension of your driver’s license for non-payment of traffic tickets. For a payment plan for your driver’s license please apply for the Driver’s License Reinstatement Program.
- You will not qualify unless at least one case is 31 days past due from the disposition (sentencing) date.
- You will not qualify if the total balance owed is less than $300. You will need to pay that balance if full on your own.
- Your case(s) must be from Polk County. We cannot put cases from other counties on this payment plan.
- You will be required to provide proof of income. Proof of income includes: paycheck stubs (two preferred); Social Security benefits (award letter); or if unemployed a "white sheet" from Iowa Workforce Development.
- You will be required to make a down payment. The amount will be determined at the time of plan sign up.
- A valid email address is required.
We are no longer performing payment plans in person in our office.
For more information please contact us at (515) 286-3077. Please leave a message.
If you meet all of these qualifications please select the Next button and complete the payment plan application (Financial Affidavit).